Wednesday, May 30, 2012


How do we humans share this cradle, this nest, these surroundings?

How do we share the air?

...how is the between-us possible? (Irigaray)
 ·  · See Friendship · 11 hours ago · 

  • You like this.

    • Rose oh my god.
      11 hours ago ·  ·  1

    • Addie In that case...
      11 hours ago · 

    • Addie ithout this difference, how do we give each other grace, how do we see each other, the one in the other? (and) Is it not because I do not know you that I know that you are?
      11 hours ago ·  ·  1

    • Rose I say we were

      never silent. We read each other’s lips and said
      one word four times. And laughed four times

      in loving repetition. We read each other’s lips to uncover
      the poverty of laughter.

      (kaminsky)

      11 hours ago · 

    • Rose also, because you gifted me amichai:

      They amputated
      Your thighs off my hips.
      As far as I'm concerned
      They are all surgeons. All of them.

      They dismantled us
      Each from the other.
      As far as I'm concerned
      They are all engineers. All of them.

      A pity. We were such a good
      And loving invention.
      An aeroplane made from a man and wife.
      Wings and everything.
      We hovered a little above the earth.

      We even flew a little.

      11 hours ago · 

    • Addie Sorry, I'm on an Iri-kick.

      And, if you are quiet, does this not mean that you lack words? And if you sing, is it not perhaps because there is more air in song: beyond the hither and yon in words?

      11 hours ago ·  ·  1

    • Rose  not sure why you are apologizing for such amazing-ness.
      11 hours ago · 

    • Addie ‎:)
      11 hours ago · 

    • Addie ‎"You who are not and will never be me or mine" are and remain you, since I cannot grasp you, understand you, possess you. You escape every ensnarement, every submission to me, if I respect you not so much because you are transcendent to your body, but because you are transcendent to me. No one is saved and no one is totally lost.
      11 hours ago · 

    • Rose What I do not see of you draws me towards you provided you hold your own, and provided your energy allows me to hold my own and raise mine with you. I go towards you as towards that which I shall not see but which attracts me, like a path of becoming, of progress. This progress does not mean estrangement from flesh, from my body, from my history. I go towards that which enables me to become while remaining myself.
      11 hours ago ·  ·  1

    • Addie Who dat?!
      11 hours ago ·  ·  1

    • Rose IRI!! now i'm reading...
      11 hours ago ·  ·  1

    • Addie And if one goes back and forth between them, how can one keep telling them apart? How can one know where one is, where one stands?
      11 hours ago ·  ·  1

    • Rose killing me. so good.
      11 hours ago · 

    • Addie Because you're twin-brethren! (And brethren full-stop.)
      11 hours ago ·  ·  1

    • Rose “Without a doubt, we approached, maybe even passed by, one another. Your retreat reveals my existence, as my withdrawal is dedicated to you. May we come to recognize the intention here as a pathway leading indirectly to us.”
      11 hours ago · 

    • Addie And what hurts: Without anger, to drive away the intruder, to return him to himself, to push out whoever penetrates our horizon and thereby destroys it. And also: to remove the ambiguity from desire, the possession from love. To find myself freed from the heaviness which annihilates the space in me, the innocence in me, and the light between us.

      Are we ultimately something other than she who becomes in us and outside of us?...And how do I accomplish this without abandoning and destroying her?

      11 hours ago · 

    • Rose “Recognizing you means or implies respecting you as other, accepting that I draw myself to a halt before you as before something insurmountable, a mystery, a freedom that will never be mine, a subjectivity that will never be mine, a mine that will never be mine.”
      11 hours ago · 

    • Addie I have that one!
      11 hours ago ·  ·  1

    • Rose i had a hunch you would :)
      11 hours ago · 

    • Addie And the Rosebud is all over this one:

      Do I not approach another kind of sensibility, neither active nor passive? I am sensible to you, each of us remaining ourselves. I sense you beyond the immediate. I am in your presence, certainly, but it cannot be reduced either to materiality or to abstraction. I behold your being without removing it from its invisibility: through my eyes, through my understanding.

      11 hours ago ·  ·  1


No comments:

Post a Comment