Sunday, October 28, 2012

“Our lives and our choices, each encounter, suggest a new potential direction. Yesterday my life was headed in one direction. Today, it is headed in another. Fear, belief, love, phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue long after we perish. Yesterday, I believe I would have never have done what I did today. I feel like something important has happened to me. Is this possible?”

“Boundaries between noise and sound are conventions, I see now. All boundaries are conventions, national ones too. One may transcend any convention, if only one can first conceive of doing so."

- Cloud Atlas, from the movie

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, did you see it? It's getting so-so reviews, but after reading the book, I'm not sure how I could NOT at least see it (and probably love it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristan! Yes, I watched the movie this weekend. I haven't read the book, unfortunately! But I definitely think the movie is worth watching. It can be confusing for the viewer at times, but it is, after all, a very complex story line. I think you will find it easier to understand after having read the book and gained a good knowledge about the story itself.

    ReplyDelete