Friday, June 14, 2013



i am of the sort that had to learn to be alone. it doesn't come easily to me. new york city taught me to walk through parks by myself, eat sandwiches under trees by myself, watch dance theatre by myself, cry in my room by myself, slurp warm japanese soup by myself. out of habit (or something), i still pack my days and weekends with dates and outings with people, but tanya davis reminds me how beautiful it can be to be yourself.


(i'm adding, in retrospect, a quote that Angie pointed out from this video:)

"Dance like no one’s watching because they’re probably not. And if they are, assume it is with best human intentions. The way bodies move genuinely to beats, is after all, gorgeous and affecting. Dance until you’re sweating. And beads of perspiration remind you of life’s best things, down your back, like a book of blessings."

No comments:

Post a Comment