Sunday, July 28, 2013

staying up reading and listening to harmonizing sisters. pretty nice. listening to the sound of night. and not gonna lie, enjoying some major netflix action. writing in my night time gratitude journal. and a snippet:

- saw a rainbow after the rain
- the sun came out, in the evening! it got dark, and then it got light
- amazing dinner. succotash, salmon, steak, champagne, dessert, conversation, laughter, most of all.
- that whirring the fan makes
- one-legged squats, yep
- wit
- feeling safe

---

“While I can’t have you, I long for you. I am the kind of person who would miss a train or a plane to meet you for coffee. I’d take a taxi across town to see you for ten minutes. I’d wait outside all night if I thought you would open the door in the morning. If you call me and say ‘Will you…’ my answer is ‘Yes’, before your sentence is out. I spin worlds where we could be together. I dream you. For me, imagination and desire are very close.”

Jeanette Winterson

“The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death.”

Oscar Wilde, Salome

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”

Maya Angelou

“I’m not telling you to make the world better, because I don’t think that progress is necessarily part of the package. I’m just telling you to live in it. Not just to endure it, not just to suffer it, not just to pass through it, but to live in it. To look at it. To try to get the picture. To live recklessly. To take chances. To make your own work and take pride in it. To seize the moment. And if you ask me why you should bother to do that, I could tell you that the grave’s a fine and private place, but none I think do there embrace. Nor do they sing there, or write, or argue, or see the tidal bore on the Amazon, or touch their children. And that’s what there is to do and get it while you can and good luck at it.”

Joan Didion

2 comments: